Reblogged from the Top Ten Tuesday post on Broke and Bookish
BOOKS I’D LIKE TO SEE MADE INTO MOVIES
- Loving Frank – a doomed love story with a famous artist? Yes, please. This may not be your typical romance, but it’s eccentric!
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – this is such a weird book with really interesting concepts like time loops. Plus, it’s totally a PG or PG-13 movie–depending on how scary they make the monsters.
- The Marriage Plot – I liked this book quite a bit and Eugenides’ first book The Virgin Suicides was made into an AWESOME movie. So, I feel like they could do it again! Looks like it’s in production for 2014.
- The Blue Place – this was an action packed book with conspiracy, danger, and love. The book is very well written and visual – almost like it’s supposed to be on screen. But I doubt anyone would make a movie out of it because the protagonist is a butch lesbian – butch gay men are progressive but not women (so says the success of Brokeback Mountain).
- Life of Pi (this is already coming out) – this book was fascinating! There is so much crazy stuff that happens. I feel like the movie is going to be just as great as the book.
- A Lady Never Surrenders – a fabulous romance novel with Gone-with-the-Wind-style misunderstandings. This would be like watching a raunchy Jane Austen movie :)
- Year of the Flood – Atwood knows how to write visually. This post-apocolyptic novel is full of new products and new technologies that she’s conjured and man, do I want to see those blue people!!
- Pope Joan – there is a really old version and a German version, but it’s about time for a remake.
- A Million Little Pieces – I imagine this as Girl Interrupted with a love story.
- The Family Fang (may be in production already) – this book is righteously funny and theatrical in its own right. It would play perfectly to the big screen.